We are looking for a strong and proven technology leader
with expertise in leading and managing full software development cycle that includes multiple products (enhancements and new platforms), quality assurance, product management and the related infrastructure and DevOps.
The ideal candidate will provide a sound technical leadership and communicate with staff, executives, stakeholders and customers to ensure the company's technologies are used appropriately and optimally. Strategic, technical vision, forward thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. The CTO should display dynamism, high-energy, credibility and excitement particularly in leading a high-performing and expanding team, in planning for and execution of an aggressive product roadmap that includes SaaS and first-in-market platforms, and in creating & adding value to widening array of clients.
location: Miami, Florida
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
responsibilities: Software Development Cycle
Product Quality Assurance
- In partnership with company leadership team, the CTO will be actively involved and lead in developing the vision and a road map to execute current and future company goals and objectives including but not limited to winning new market segments, significantly increasing current client firm usage and effectively consolidating all products and services.
- Refine current plan for the product roadmap including setting time frames and successfully drive to fruition and release. Develop future plan for new products and enhancements including time frames, release and time to market.
- Direct the full software development cycle. Establish, refine and supervise the software development process, setting short-term objectives and assessing progress as defined by the selected software development methodology.
- Manage activities so that products are developed on schedule, maximum efficiency and within quality standards and cost objectives that meet market demands.
- Promote achievement of high quality products through extensive and fool-proof yet efficient quality assurance process.
- Integrate review and quality testing in the development cycle to ensure efficiency, avoid repeated errors and rejects, and ensure all the requirements are appropriately addressed.
- Ensure that products and enhancements provide optimum solutions consistent with what customers need and improve their workflow and usage experience.
Overall Management, Execution, Operations and Maintenance
- Direct product and enhancement requirements gathering for software, platform, and web-based solutions including workflow, wireframes, mockups and prototype consistent with both strategic intention of the company as whole (sales, marketing, implementation, support and operations) and clients/customers.
- Collaborate with designers (UX/UI), project managers, operations and Product User Groups to successfully achieve high-quality and useful products.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process.
- Present new releases and plans highlighting new products enhancements to existing customers, potential clients and business partners (as well as in trade shows, conferences and user-group meetings).
The CTO is integral member of the company's executive team. It is expected that the CTO will be actively involved in the formulation and execution the company's strategies, daily operation and servicing its clients. Strategy & Planning
Execution & Implementation
- In partnership with CEO, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company's services as a web-based business (SaaS), including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success. Lead strategic planning and product management to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all platforms and web-based services.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business. Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company's services.
- Establish a governance process that meets government, partner, and company expectations for customer information privacy and other regulatory compliance.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Acquisition, maintenance and cost-effective technology including internal infrastructure, systems and client integration.
- Prepare department budget and resource/infrastructure requirements.
Collaboration, Operations & Maintenance
- Direct management of engineers/developers (onshore and offshore), DBAs, QA staff, product management, infrastructure and production support teams as well as technology partners and vendors.
- Monitor and report progress and status of development activities
- Take charge and accountability of product releases and deployment consistent with timeline commitments.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely (including reading your peers' blogs!).
- Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software within the company. Ensure the company's internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop, track, and control the product management, development and deployment of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
- Display high-performance, high-energy leadership to direct team, collaboration with company leadership team and partnering with the CEO particularly in major company strategy and initiatives.
- SDLC Experience
- Entrepreneur/Start up Experience
- SaaS Experience (Zoho, Salesforce, Etc.)
- Leadership Experience
- Keen business acumen and proven executive management abilities based on prior experience.
- Forthright and a team player who is an active member of a high performance management team.
- Ability to have effective two-way communication with management and development team.
- Provide leadership and motivation to the development team via a dynamic, confident and professional demeanor.
- Knowledgeable with more than one software development methodology and multiple products.
- Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications. Has contributed to one or more open source projects.
- Strong knowledge of information security vulnerabilities, disaster-recovery and risk management.
- Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.