A top financial services company in Raleigh-Durham, NC is currently looking for a driven Principal Software Engineer. This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity that offers great benefits, growth and an excellent work culture.
Qualified candidates will have previous experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications, as well as solid programming skills and fluent mainframe technology components, including COBOL, DB2, VSAM, CICS, JCL, and API Services development.
Please apply or send your resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I will respond to qualified candidate the same business day.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
Our client's teams build and modernize Mainframe backend capabilities that support a large scale digital presence. You will help them design and develop re-usable Mainframe applications that focus on customer experience needs and optimize quality and deployment practices. You'll contribute to the entire development life-cycle from concept to deployment as a member of an agile, cross-functional team.
You will have the opportunity to share your technical knowledge to help strengthen our client's engineering community and further pursue your own learning of modernizing mainframe platform. We're looking for software engineers that enjoy a collaborative environment and have a passion for releasing high quality software through iterative software development practices.
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Strong programming skills and fluent mainframe technology components, including COBOL, DB2, VSAM, CICS, JCL, and API Services develop ment
- Exposure to Web Service Application Development using Java / J2EE
- Experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban, SCRUM)
- Ability to think out of box and design end-to-end solutions
- Passion and intellectually curious to learn new technologies and business areas
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both through written and verbal channels
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.