job summary: Position Description Project Overview:
User Experience Research Assistant for Wear OS, Google's wearables operating system.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 44.17 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Overall Responsibilities:
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Assistance in preparing user research activities (working with recruiters to schedule study sessions, setting up the usability lab, finalizing study plans, etc.)
- Observing and running usability testing sessions and interviews, taking notes during sessions Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
- Analyzing qualitative & quantitative data Analyzing, interpreting and summarizing research findings Creating reports that highlight the findings (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks etc.)
- Communicating findings/reports from research to the research lead and team stakeholders.
- Planning, conducting and analyzing user studies under direction of manager Work with Interaction
- Designers, Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Advocating to product teams on behalf of users and communicating research results
M.A./M.S. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior 1-2 years of experience as a Research Assistant Experience with experimental design
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory
- M.A./M.S. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior 1-2 years of experience as a Research Assistant Experience with experimental design
- Experience or background conducting mobile research Interest in general research and/or user research methods Detailed oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- PhD (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior
- 3+ years of experience as a Research Assistant or User Researcher in industry
- Quantitative and statistical analysis skills
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.