We are seeking an EDI Specialist to manage the EDI relationship with our customers. The EDI Specialist manages all aspects of the EDI life cycle including establishing new trading partners, monitoring daily activities, planning changes and reporting metrics. The position serves as the point of contact on status of EDI transactions for internal and external customers, and establishes and supports communication with customers, identifies opportunities, and resolves problems related to EDI.
location: Bellport, New York
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Monitor daily activity and resolve problems.
- Monitor the EDI programs, customer performance and satisfaction to ensure timely and accurate results from EDI.
- Plan, define and establish new EDI Trading Partner relationships.
- Design, create and test EDI document mapping.
- Manage acceptance process and move customer into production.
- Conduct acceptance testing of software/system changes.
- Develop internal and external documentation.
- Develop, use, and improve departmental operating procedures.
- Perform special assignments as needed.
- Coordinate design and implementation of EDI changes between I T and customers.
- Develop and recommend policies, standards, & procedures for EDI relationships.
- Educate associates on the opportunities, terminology, and issues of EDI.
- Keep abreast of EDI standards and trends.
- Assist in strategic and tactical plans for EDI services.
- Coordinate the review and implementation of Trading Partner Agreements and other legal documents.
- Create and measures metrics to manage daily operations and lead changes to improve quality and efficiency.
skills: - 5+ years EDI experience as an EDI Analyst or EDI Coordinator.
- 5+ years EDI Systems experience
- 5+ years Business Systems experience
- 3+ years TrustedLink for iSeries (including Visual Mapper, Configuration Setup)
- 3+ years BizManager
- 3+ years E -commerce and Drop Ship
- EDI Communication - AS2, FTP, VAN
- ANSI X12 version of 810, 850, 852, 855, 856, 860, flat file format.
- Ability to create EDI documents for testing.
- EDI mapping and system testing experience.
- Wholesale/Retail as a Vendor. Entire business flow - receiving orders, shipping, invoicing. Pick, pack, SOPI ship for DSD, DC, DC/mark 4.
- User Testing.
- GS1-128 Label specifications, Vendor Guides, Routing Guides.
- Proficient in a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, report writer applications. Google, Gmail.
Icing On The Cake:
- ERP applications (JDA, JDE, WM, Etc.)
- Good oral and written communication skill
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.