Manager's Detailed job Description:
This Application Analyst SME will become a member of the IT Grid Solutions Delivery & Support team and will be a responsible for ensuring successful product delivery within Client's Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Metering application portfolio. We are designing, building, and implementing components and systems that are enabling advanced capabilities for Client and our customers. Our systems are rapidly growing and our portfolio is in the midst of a massive technology transformation that this individual will be a part of.
This is a versatile IT Analyst that may perform work related to applications Support, Delivery, or both. Workers at this level solve complex problems, manage work including giving work assignments, and provide leadership to others in application areas of specialization, with minimal supervision and increased latitude for unreviewed work. In Support Role: Monitors production operation of and maintain the availability of division's applications. Involves reviewing and reacting to daily performance logs and providing 24X7 on call support. Responds to production emergencies (application down and logic errors) within the appropriate Service Level Agreement (SLA). Coordinates response for critical and high Incidents, System Disruption Events (SDEs), major events. Assists users, answers user questions and assists users with defining business processes as necessary. Leads troubleshooting for the most complex issues and leads others to implement fixes to systems and applications that require significant freedom of action and sound judgment. Demonstrates the ability to visualize long-term results and asset impacts on a system-wide basis. Communicates appropriate information including downtimes, change management, status, issues, defects, etc. to users, IT management at the highest levels and any other necessary audience including their own division. Is able to present information on technically complex subjects in an understandable manner in both oral and written form. Recognizes appropriate times to provide this communication. Works with vendors to implement (projects) and/or support (broke-fix, maintenance, user support and small projects) applications and solutions. Utilizes waterfall and agile methodologies to develop and maintain applications. Works on projects as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and/or developer/Technical Lead. Provide knowledge and expertise gained from past experience. Coordinates routine maintenance for emergency patches, service packs and upgrades (software) for assigned application/project. Involves working with operations/DBAs. Updates documentation of Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping (ADDM), Einstein, etc. Utilizes appropriate Human Performance tools effectively in the course of activities, especially testing and implementation activities. Provides recommendations and assists in decision making at a portfolio level. Researches and analyzes new technology. Designs solutions based on defined requirements and leads others in development and implementation of those designs. Programs and directs other programmers in required programming languages, database SQL, report writing, ETL, etc. Assists with testing and migrating code through test regions. Ensures adherence to appropriate design, coding and source control standards. Leads system design and code walk-thru as a presenter or reviewer. Processes Change Requests and Quality Assurance (QA) documentation for project implementations and support changes. Recommends IT process enhancements and standards relative to areas of assignments. Coaches and mentors other IT Application Analysts. Leads corporate and division level initiatives. Assists management with strategic or tactical planning as needed. Manage team members day to day work assignments based on the application pipeline reports, individual's work queues, skills and schedules.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 58 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Develop subject matter expertise in the team's application/product portfolio, it's architecture and infrastructure.
- Provide leadership for the design, planning, and application development activities that will successful delivery scalable, secure, and supportable products/systems.
- Work closely with our customers to learn their priorities and create customer satisfaction.
- Lead efforts for defining epics/stories/requirements.
- Lead design, development, testing, and implementation activities as needed.
- Collaborate with IT architects and IT operations peer groups to create a seamless IT delivery and support team.
- Work closely with project managers and product owners to plan and manage deliverables and backlog.
- Provide direction and prioritization of work for project/product teams, remove barriers for the team as needed.
- Identify and manage interdependencies with other IT efforts.
- Define and lead our transition to agile work practices.
- Identify and implement system automation capabilities and integrate with Client DevOps strategies
- Work with production support teams to resolve issues and optimize team operations.
- Responsibilities apply to diverse technology disciplines: application development, configuration and integration of vendor packages, ETL, secure network infrastructure, database, web based client development, integration patterns, DevOps, and automated testing.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. In lieu of a degree, 15+ years of related business experience. Work experience in addition to degree: 10+ years as an IT Application Analyst or equivalent. Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities: Ten years coding/programming, trouble-shooting, problem-solving, logical design, SQL coding, Business Requirements analysis, vendor management, root cause analysis, Enterprise Standards and Process Adherence.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous management experience. Previous technical lead experience. Demonstrated success in leadership of others. Demonstrated success in leadership of a portfolio of applications. Expert technical issue-resolution ability. Experience with schema/database design. If you have had any responsibility for or participation in judicial, administrative, regulatory or other oversight proceedings involving Client or any of its affiliates, please identify the agency or department, the dates of your employment, and the nature of your responsibilities, including a list of any proceedings involving Client or any of its affiliates. NOTE: Only answer this question if you have worked with the government or other agency involved with Client oversight.
skills: - Experience developing, implementing, and supporting applications in a technically diverse corporate environment.
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Server databases and tools such as MS SQL Studio and/or Toad for Oracle.
- Application development experience with .Net or Java based applications.
- Experience with application integration patterns and tools such as Web Methods.
- Experience with and knowledge of electric utility operations, with a specific understanding of Advanced Metering Infrastructure or Meter Data Management a plus.
- Exposure to and enthusiasm for Agile development including both Scrum and Kanban frameworks.
- Knowledge of DevOps methodologies and experience using: Subversion and Git (version control); Jenkins (continuous integration and release automation); and Nexus (package repository)
- Experience with deployment automation capabilities and tools such as IBM Urban Code Deploy or Puppet
- Experience with data integration and extract-transform-load (ETL) using Informatica PowerCenter
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with matrixed teams, project leadership, and stakeholders.
- Ability to understand technology standards and directions and apply them to an overall IT roadmap for the assigned portfolio.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.