Sr. Postgres Engineer
We are seeking a Data Center Operations Engineer to provide technical support across a variety of technologies that include, server, network, database, security, and programmatic systems which we utilize to provide our market leading solutions to community financial institutions. We follow a DevSecOps model, and in this role, you will own and troubleshoot issues to conclusion, collaborate with engineering teams to build and deploy broad-based technical solutions in support of the business, and ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our most valuable asset. Our customer's data.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $69.95 - 79.95 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in working DevOps ticket queue for; firewall updates, CentOS configuration, ansible deployments, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours support.
- Participate in cross-functional teams for the purpose of; defining architecture and incident response.
- Drive process excellence and best practices throughout the customer life cycle and scale the overall business.
- Own and troubleshoot issues to conclusion.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to build and deploy broad-based technical solutions in support of the business.
- Review system notifications / logs for the pro-active correction of issues.
- Develop / streamline processes to support company growth.
- Support Information Security Team as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
qualifications: Our ideal candidate would have...
- Minimum two (4) years of experience building/managing Linux servers
- Minimum one (3) year network administration (firewalls; switches, IP/IF config, etc.); CCNA a plus
- Experience with database platform support; postgres experience a plus
- Familiarity with automation platforms such as Chef/Puppet/Ansible
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.