DevOps Platform Specialist
The position is a part of the DevOps team within the Investment and Capital Markets Division of the client. (I&CM). The team builds and operates the Nimble Development Methodology (NDM or "Nimble") platform for use by software developers within I&CM, with priorities set by I&CM business needs.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 59 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The DevOps Platform Specialist contributes to the design, implementation and management of the run-time platform, software deployment and configuration management solution, supporting the Nimble software development lifecycle and release process. All I&CM software is built and maintained using Nimble. Nimble includes: rapid and test-driven development; continuous integration; fully automated promotion and deployment procedures; support for a complete set of development, test and production environments; and appropriate controls
1. 5yrs+ experience developing solutions and managing environments that automate CI/CD software deployment and configuration
2. 5yrs+ experience in infrastructure engineering for both non-production and production environments
3. Expert in software containerization (preferably Docker)
4. Expert in Operating System Platform Configuration:
- Linux platforms (preferably Red Hat)
- Scripting in bash
- Automated configuration management (e.g., preferably Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
5. Expert in High Availability techniques:
- Failover techniques and load balancing
- Business continuity - wide area resilience
6. Knowledge of software deployment and container orchestration techniques:
- yum, apt etc.
- Kubernetes etc.
7. BSc in Computer Science or similar
1.4 Preferred Skills
1. Knowledgeable in information security concepts and principles
skills: . Create and maintain automation for the run-time environment for NDM solutions
2. Automate provisioning of computing, network and storage resources in the environment
3. Create and maintain the software deployment automation solution
4. Implement inventory management for the NDM environment
5. Define and implement interface solutions with enterprise service management systems
6. Collaborate with I&CM software developers to ensure tools maximize developer productivity
7. Provide leadership and subject matter expertise in deployment and operations for developer community
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.