The Systems Engineer position within Network Expansion and Operations Services (NEOS) is responsible for developing, designing and owning technical solutions on our Service-Now platform to satisfy the business needs of the IT department. The candidate will apply good practice web programming techniques to configure robust solutions utilizing the Service-Now platform while making informed recommendations to process users. This position will use the ITIL framework to provide technical assistance, workflow development, and software configuration, customization and web service integrations. This may include but not limited to providing administration, application development, maintenance, and technical support.
location: Pleasanton, California
job type: Contract
salary: $61 - 64 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
This position will be required to organize and lead meetings of cross functional IT, Technology and business teams. The candidate will be expected to develop recommendations, write code, oversee enhancements and manage the implementation of improvements based on various stages of the ITIL lifecycle.
- Overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of all technical tasks related to configuration and implementation of all aspects of the Service-Now platform.
- Efficient and effective throughput of delivering of new enhancement request ranging from new and modification of Service Catalogs, configuration and functionality changes and administration
- Providing software coding and customization including, but not limited to: screen tailoring, workflow administration, report setup, data imports, integration, scripting, third party software integrations and custom application development..
- Update and maintain a comprehensive testing protocol for Service-now instance upgrades with the purpose of certifying all applications for use after the upgrade completes.
- Work closely with project/account managers on customer-driven initiatives that involve data translation or integration development.
- Work independently to coordinate and solve complex technical data communication and transformation issues.
- Demonstrate the high ability to interpret and understand requirements and turns those into technical solutions.
- Maintain technical knowledge Service-Now while taking ownership of developing new and maintaining existing solutions.
- Answering "how to" technical and application configuration questions.
- Obtain and analyze business requirements to purpose sustainable solutions.
- Manage the day to day problem resolution and platform administration.
- Implement new functionality including custom coding, configuration and testing.
- Writing custom reports and maintaining service / IT dashboards.
- Implementing new requirements and writing training documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and / or 3 + years of experience with IT Service Management tools & 3+ years of experience with life-cycle development on ServiceNow or a similar platform.
- Strong knowledge of Web 2.0 Technologies (Java Scripting, XML, HTML, AJAX,), SaaS applications and SOAP Web Service integrations.
- Experience with technologies including LDAP/Active Directory, Powershell, Microsoft SQL Server and relational database technology.
- Solid understanding of the application development life-cycle process, including requirement gathering and analysis, design, coding, testing, quality assurance, implementation, issue tracking, version control, deployment and project management.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL v3 methodologies, ITSM concepts, and enterprise IT architecture with ITIL certifications a plus.
- Highly skilled and proficient in using development tools with the analytical and problem solving skills necessary to troubleshoot and provide user support.
- Experience in these areas is a plus: Active Directory; Single Sign-on using: Digested Token, SAML 1.1, SAML 2.0. & Web Services integrations.
- Excellence in time management and organization skills with an aptitude toward creative problem solving.
- Self-starter with a track record of managing multiple complex tasks with the ability to work within a matrix organization.
- Excellent understanding of emerging service delivery solutions, technologies, and methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - able to present information, status, and issues in a clear and concise manner with the goal of driving to a decision.
- Flexible, willingness to take initiative and create approaches to solve problems.
- Excellent understanding of project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Self-motivated, a positive can-do attitude & willingness to learn, forward thinking, assertive, and able to focus on finding and developing unique opportunities to create value by enabling and engaging in creative dialogue with various key stakeholders
- Excellent ability to logically argue a case and present well thought out cost / benefit analyses.
- Excellent time management and communications skills are required to keep on task and work collaboratively in a team and cross-departmental environments.
- Confident and result driven with a proven track record of delivering projects.
- Strong personal commitment to consistently deliver quality service.
- Excellent understanding of enterprise IT architecture
- Self-motivated and able to excel at work independently.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.