job summary: Position Description Company overview:
- YouTube is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations
- a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind
- but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel.
YouTube Partnerships The Partnership Enablement team helps YouTube partner-facing teams to be efficient, effective and best-in-class. We bring product, policy and content strategies to market via all the partner-facing teams in the Business Organization. The role:
Instructional Designer, Partnership Enablement We are looking for an enthusiastic, energized leader to come join the team for a fantastic short-term opportunity. As a member of the Partnership Enablement training team, you will be critical to helping our YouTube partner-facing teams succeed.
- You will work as part of a team to deliver world-class product training in a creative and exciting way.
- You will develop innovative and engaging training content at scale and customize where appropriate (e.g. for role, location, situation).
- You'll also partner with content and skills experts to bring a cohesive development experience to our YouTubers.
location: Playa Vista, California
job type: Contract
salary: $73.33 - 80.98 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Collaborate with stakeholders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand business needs and translate them into learning and performance objectives.
- Lead content collaboration with stakeholders, problem-solving to achieve performance objectives, and resolve issues, risks and quality challenges.
- Work with SMEs and stakeholders to facilitate approvals and gain alignment on content direction, design and details.
- Identify and incorporate the most effective and innovative practices in learning delivery including social and peer learning, game-based learning, informal learning, and performance support. Seek out new learning solutions and bring innovative ideas to individual projects and the team at large.
- Apply best practices in adult learning to design, write, and build a range of high-quality learning experiences, with an emphasis on e-learning, video, animations and gamification.
- Curate existing content into new learning designs and paths. Upload learning solutions into the learning management system (LMS) and test complete solution in target environments when required.
BA/BS degree in Instructional Design or related field (Technical Writing, Educational Psychology, etc), or equivalent practical experience.
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory
- BA/BS degree in Instructional Design or related field (Technical Writing, Educational Psychology, etc), or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, testing, and measuring the effectiveness of e-learning content and experience delivering on objectives and impact.
- Experience with e-learning frameworks such as Adaptive Learning, ADDIE, CCAF, or other learning development approaches.
- Experience in writing scripts/interview guides for video, editing video, and creative design.
- Hands-on experience with multiple authoring tools such as Evolve, Adobe Captivate, Lectora, Articulate Storyline, Adapt and Camtasia.
- Knowledge of YouTube products and video industry.
- Hands-on experience developing original learning products in HTML5 or other development languages/environments.
- Experience writing and designing product or soft skills training materials for either in-person or online delivery.
- Experience designing learning programs (or online media) in the digital marketing industry a plus.
- Experience making e-learning exciting, fun and social. Fluent in current and emerging adult learning theory and how it is put into practice in corporate learning.
- Experience in Project Management, with the ability to multi-task and advance activities across multiple concurrent workstreams.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with confidence across functions and levels. Clear understanding of business needs and sensitivity to differences across various groups.
- Superior editing, writing, and critical reasoning skills; outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and presence.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts concisely and clearly.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.