Provide prompt and accurate technical support, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Certifications to include A+, Security +, Net+, Microsoft, and Dell (certain certifications will be required within a certain timeframe of employment) Ð preferred.
location: Columbia, South Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 23 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Perform desk-side Windows 7/10 workstation support in a networked office environment.
- Supporting or performing MS Office and Outlook configuration and troubleshooting; software installation and configuration; new user set up; printer and network file share configuration and troubleshooting; peripheral installation, configuration and troubleshooting; and computer/user moves, adds, and changes.
- Responsible for reviewing trouble ticket queues, documenting support and diagnostic activities, escalating problems as required.
- Accurately and effectively resolving and closing assigned trouble tickets in accordance with SLA requirements.
- 2-4 years of experience providing customer support for Windows XP and MS Outlook in a networked environment, including experience performing computer hardware, software, break/fix, and troubleshooting.
- 3 years of experience supporting MS Office products (or other shrink-wrap software applications) including experience using a commercial trouble ticketing system (such as Remedy) and the ability to track and document actions taken.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot workstation, application, peripheral, TCP/IP, and/or printer problems.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to follow documentation procedures.
- Must be able to lift and carry computers (approximately 50 lbs.), crawl into tight spaces (such as under desks), and climb ladders as needed to install computers.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.