job summary: Purpose of Job
The IT technician provides system support and troubleshooting for all staff and sales associates. Identify and resolve end user technical problems and questions for the network and in the field. Job Duties and Responsibilities
(Essential Job Functions)
Common job activities are listed below; actual position responsibilities may vary. Refer to your manager or human resources for specific duties and performance expectations.
- Set-up and maintain computer hardware, software and related equipment and provide technical support to staff and agents. (75-85%)
- Manage requests for telephones, personal computers, network access, etc.
- Install, maintain, upgrade and relocate PCs, related equipment and software and maintain inventory of computer hardware and software. May perform evaluation on other office equipment prior to calling an outside vendor.
- Recommend modifications for product and equipment improvement based on results or information obtained in the field; perform repairs and maintenance as required.
- Recommend purchase and upgrade of PC equipment and software, as needed.
- Perform technical diagnosis and troubleshooting for users with hardware, software, and connectivity issues. Identify, prioritize and resolve end user technical problems and questions.
- Assist in operating help desk. May serve as a backup to other department technical staff.
- Train staff and sales associates on software.
- Assist with administration of Wide-Area Network (WAN) and/or the Local-Area Network (LAN).
- May assist with evaluating current and proposed systems and planning system changes.
- Monitor and help maintain network security and licensure. (10-20%)
- Monitor use of software to ensure proper licensure and usage.
- Assist in the development and enforcement of security procedures for all products and networks.
- May monitor security configurations on host systems and generate and review security reports, report violations and suspected inadequacies.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned. (0-10%)
location: Hockessin, Delaware
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Performance Expectations
- meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
- Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
- Associate's degree in information systems, computer science or related field; or equivalent work experience and knowledge.
- Two+ years of diverse experience in the information technology field.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive technical knowledge of computer hardware and software, including usage, installation, repair and configuration.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills, a customer service focus.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently under deadline pressure.
- Must be able to work independently; resourceful and action-oriented.
- Able to travel to different company work locations.
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours as needed to complete projects or resolve problems.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.