Provides 24/7 on call support for IBM Business Process Manager v8.x, IBM Business Monitor v8.x, Oracle Weblogic, SOA Suite 11g and Oracle Service Bus 11g Products.
- Actively monitor the Production Application Servers/Infrastructure for any potential issues and take preventive actions
- Monitoring items: Server log Monitoring for Errors
- Linux servers Disk space Monitoring
- Application Process Monitoring
- Stuck thread/hogging thread Monitoring
- JVM heap Monitoring
- Queue Monitoring
- HPSM Tickets monitoring
- Monitoring the application servers using Introscope
location: Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $62 - 72 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Scheduled on-demand stop/start/restart of application servers
- Troubleshooting Server infrastructure Issues
- Working with Application Production Support and vendor(s) for product related issues
- Testing/Applying the Oracle/IBM Patches and version upgrades
- Assist in DR testing
- Clean up log files, purge other older application files on Linux servers
- Develop the sh/python scripts to monitor the application/infrastructure and collect the important runtime data
- Support PFIX testing for recreation of Prod issues
- Support Test environments
- Experience in design, implementation and maintenance of Enterprise Applications using Oracle Weblogic server, Oracle Fusion Middleware, IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM Business Process Manager, Red Hat JBOSS EAP, Apache Tomcat, JMS, LDAP, Oracle on heterogeneous environments like UNIX and Windows.
- Messaging (i.e. IBM MQ, Apache Kafka) engineering support experience a plus.
- working knowledge of Operations & Production Support with large mission critical systems and in troubleshooting and resolution of infrastructure issues across multiple technologies and platforms.
- Experience in migration and upgrade of Weblogic and WebSphere Application Servers, BPM, OFM, Tomcat, Apache, Jboss environments and updating JDK versions, applying patches and installing service packs.
- Good verbal and written communication competencies required Application design and developer skills a plus
skills: Bachelor's Degree or higher preferred in Computer Science or related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.