The Data Conversion Developer is responsible for designing, building, testing, and maintaining conversion programs for the data conversion effort as part of a new system-wide implementation of PeopleSoft's Human Capital Management (HCM). The candidate should have strong knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft development methodologies, technologies, and tool sets including the Application Engine, Application Package, and PeopleSoft Component Interface tools.
location: Oakland, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
Duties of this position include the following:
- Design, implement, and support data conversions as part of an implementation of a new PeopleSoft HCM system.
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents, functional / technical designs, and code.
- Applies advanced application programming concepts in designing, developing, modifying, debugging, and evaluating highly complex conversion programs using PeopleTools technology.
- Create migration packages and develop scripts for data and code objects to be migrated across instances.
- Initiates and recommends changes in development, maintenance, and system standards. Understands industry practices and department policies and procedures relating to work assignments. Ensures System Development Life Cycle and change management procedures are followed and documented to support development efforts.
- Provides operational support, troubleshooting, and remediation.
- Provide technical PeopleSoft 9.2 HCM subject matter expertise and leadership to the team.
- Collaborates with other staff on complex technical issues and provides alternative solutions.
- Be a knowledgeable resource to mentor others less experienced in application development.
- Keeps current with emerging technologies
- Past Project Experience
- Minimum 8 years of development experience in PeopleSoft HCM Applications with 4+ years experience in a PeopleSoft conversion role
- Project experience should include a minimum of 3 full life cycle implementations including at least one full cycle in a technical conversion role
- Excellent knowledge of People Tools 8.5x
- PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 experience
- PeopleSoft / Technical Skills
- Solid understanding of tables, configuration, and integration of all HCM modules
- Excellent knowledge of Application Designer, Application Engines, Application Packages, and Component Interfaces
- Advanced People Code programming skills
- Excellent DB concepts especially query, joins, DDL, DML & Performance tuning
- Consulting Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Ability to follow through on all assignments and takes ownership of conversion technical tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Collaboration, analytical, and teamwork skills. Demonstrated ability working in a collaborative and transparent environment
- Consistently produce clear and concise status reports
Display effective analytical skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.