Looking for an experienced Database Administrator to help with business needs.
location: Burlington, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 84 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Plan growth and changes (Capacity planning), be aware of remote DBS support SLA's / Metrics,
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges),
- Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams,
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Candidate required to have 8+ years experience as a DBA-cum-Developer (PL/SQL, Shell Scripting),
- experience on Oracle database version 8.x / 9.x / 10.x. or newer,
- Strong experience in Data Warehousing, ETL processes and concepts, PL/SQL Programming, Unix Shell Scripting,
- performance tuning both at the Database and OS level.
- Must have a good knowledge in Data Modeling / Physical database design and Database Backup and Recovery process (RMAN).
- Experience with Solaris, Unix, Linux and Windows system administration,
- Oracle Installation and Up-gradation, User managed Backup and Recovery,
- Fixing ORA - Errors,
- Database Refreshes and experience in Database migration, database change management and data management required.
- Reporting tools (Oracle Discoverer, Focus, Crystal Reports, etc.),
- Should be capable of creating a remote DB support proposal, interfacing with onsite & executing it & articulating various remote support DB models,
- Oracle DBA Certification Preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills as well as ability to interface with onsite from an offshore perspective.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.