job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Computer Client Field Analyst for a 1+ year contract opportunity located in Fresno, CA.
location: Fresno, California
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 27 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Provide desk side support (hardware/software support & training); local & networked printer and MFP devices and other PC peripheral devices (e.g. Blackberries, Air cards etc).
- This includes limited support for any software titles on the company's standard image.
- Perform data recovery on failed hard drives as directed.
- Work with other service providers to coordinate resolution of Incidents and Service Requests, including acting as the local point of contact for any vendor representatives coming on site to perform IT-related tasks
- Requires the balance of technical expertise, task management and teamwork, while serving our customers
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with PCs/laptops, software, communications devices, servers and network connections as required
- Ensures processes and procedures for installation and troubleshooting, are appropriately documented (e.g., SMC knowledge base), by submitting feedback to individuals responsible for updates
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation of work (e.g., service tags, time reports, etc.), by daily updating of Service Requests in SMC database
- Provides after-hours, on-call on-site support for urgent IT issues, for Call Centers, Distribution, Substation Operators, and/or Operation Emergency Centers, MCV and Emergency Base Camp Deployments (including Fire Base related Camps).
- Takes appropriate action (e.g., phone calls, pages, emails, etc.) to contact responsible support personnel to handle system wide events (e.g., system outages, software rollouts, down servers, application failures, etc.).
- Additional travel and extended hours may be required during deployments, and off-site locations may include temporary facilities.
- Demonstrates full understanding of desk side support, troubleshooting and resolution concepts
- Completes assignments of moderate scope and complexity
- Selects methods, approaches and tactics to resolve problems and obtain solutions
- May participate on project teams
- Assignments are generally low to moderate risk
- Receives little instruction on day-to-day work and general guidance on new assignments
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Business with Management Information Systems or Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in service/help center or field support Senn-Delany champions
- Strong understanding of the business processes surrounding an ITIL Service Management delivery model
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Testing and troubleshooting skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.