Randstad Technologies is seeking a Lead Security Engineer for an opportunity in Kansas City, MO. The Lead Security Engineer is responsible for managing day-to-day work activities of the team and leads activities in the areas of technical support escalation, internal resource application, operational logistics, and incident and problem resolution services.
location: Kansas City, Missouri
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Duties:
- Responsible for overall process of incoming support requests and issues. Will also handle the most complex issues and alerts escalated to them by IT and business customers and other Security Engineers.
- Analyze and respond to security threats from various security platforms and technologies.
- Support, troubleshoot, configure, manage, and upgrade FW, NIDPS, UTM, VPN, WAF and a wide variety of other security products.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems, using strong TCP/IP networking skills.
- Respond to inbound requests via phone and other electronic means for technical assistance with managed devices.
- Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLA) to configuration, maintenance, incident management, and other requests.
- Document actions in ticketing system to effectively communicate information internally and to customers.
- Respond to needs and questions of customers concerning their access to network resources through their managed device.
- Adhere to established Security policies, procedures, and practices.
- Research and resolve problems independently and understand escalation procedures.
- Responsible for major Security platform changes including upgrades.
- Create custom documentation for internal and external needs.
- Responsible for mentoring and training of Security Engineers.
- Attend vendor-specific meetings and conferences for business and professional development.
- Responsible for testing and configuring new products and technologies.
- Provide timely and consistent communication on overall systems status and operational issues as required by support and customer groups.
- Assist with designing and documenting work processes within Information Security.
- The Lead Security Engineer has no direct reports
qualifications: Min Requirements:
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or related field of study; Or, at least two years of related experience and/or training (in addition to experience requirements below); or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Three years of experience with one or more of the following management platforms required; Cisco Security Manager, Juniper NSM, Junos Space, Check Point Provider-1/MultiDomain Management, Palo Alto Networks Panorama, Blue Coat Director, Fortinet FortiManager, CounterAct
- Significant experience with Linux, Windows and Network Operating
- Strong working knowledge of Routing and Access Control
skills: Preferred Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or related field of study; OR, at least four years of related experience and/or training (in addition to experience requirements below); or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Two years previous supervisory and/or training experience
- Five years of experience in Information Security and Networking
- Minimum 5 years of experience with preferably more than one of the following technologies; Blue Coat (ProxySG, ProxyAV, Reporter), Cisco ASA, Juniper (SRX, ScreenOS, SSL-VPN, IDP), Check Point, Sourcefire, Tipping Point, Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, CounterAct
- CCSE and CCNA or RSCP certifications
- Security+, BCCPP, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-FWV, JNCIS-SA, ACE, CNSE, SFCP, SFCSE, SFCTSE
- CISSP training
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.