The candidate will need to possess the ability to lead and execute software upgrades, software patches, and knowledge of Db2 databases, tables, views, stored procedures, functions, indexes, constraints, and relationships. In addition, the candidate will perform data loads and one-time movements of data as a solution is promoted from development into production and interim environments.
The Application DBA will also assist with application performance tuning related to the database. The Application DBA will also work closely with the PeopleSoft development team to ensure design, development, and coordination of database activities to code activities are in sync.
location: Westfield Center, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 75 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- 5-10 years with z/OS experience
- Experience/Knowledge running and evaluating SQL queries in DB2 environment.
- Experience with storage management and database backup and recovery.
- Experience with performance and tuning
- Experience with updating Meta Data
- Experience with ERP systems
- Ideally experience with PeopleSoft, ability to tun DataMover Scripts and coordinate PeopleTools upgrades
- 5-10 years of recent DBA epxerience
- Strong SQL query skills
- Experience using tools such as BMC products
- Experience with an ERP system
- Experience or willingness to learn PeopleSoft
- Must be a team player with strong Db2 DBA experience
- Ability to work 8am-5pm with some weekend work for patched/upgrades
- Must have recent DBA experience wtih zOS and DB2 to be considered
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.