Sr Network Engineer
The Sr. Network Engineer will be part of the Infrastructure team and be primarily responsible for corporate headquarters campus, datacenter, and WAN networking to ensure design and implementation conforms to company standards and supports the business needs.
location: Milford, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research and evaluate new technologies to help guide network advancements.
- Design, document, and lead network team in deployment and maintenance of highly available network solutions.
- Log changes, and prepare proposals and RFC's for new network expansions, upgrades, and changes.
- Work in conjunction with Information Security team to maintain network security throughout the ITIL service lifecycle.
- Provide mentoring and training to team members and provide project management for team initiatives.
- Participate in Business Continuity planning and testing.
- Oversee and participate in network break/fix resolution. Background/Experience/Education required:
- BS Computer Science, Technology Networking preferred
- 5+ years relevant experience - Hands on experience implementing network devices including switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Ability to assess, plan, and implement, and document routing designs to allow for high availability and quick convergence of topology changes at the LAN, WAN, leveraging routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
skills: Azure/AWS/cloud experience. Routing, OSPS, VGP, VPN, GRE
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.