job summary: Our client is currently seeking a IT Planning Analyst for a 2 year contract opportunity located in San Francisco, CA.
Open to local and non-local candidates. TOP THREE REQUIREMENTS 1) Financial Planning 2) Data Analytics 3) Project Analysis Position Summary
The IT Planning Analyst, Career will plan and forecast budgets, control those budgets, provide operational analysis and strategic planning analysis, along with developing metrics for the department. The IT Planning Analyst job family provides planning, product, business, and operations management analysis and support in the following areas: planning, research support, data analysis and reporting, resource management, process governance, budgetary requirements and spend, in support of business decision making, strategy, and operations. This position provides input, support, and analysis to general IT business processes, assists in the development of a prioritized budget for the IT organization and works with other financial or data personnel to ensure accurate and timely operations, budget, and/or project management. Planning Analyst may also be involved in business process improvement, quality control, special projects, and other initiatives. All employees are responsible for performing their jobs in accordance with the company's vision and values.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 67 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to derive insights that will drive business decisions and operational efficiencies
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Produce insightful reports that can be shared with and actioned by Senior Leadership
- Conceptualize and build centralized tools (including dashboards) that the Solutions Delivery and broader teams can use to extract data/insights for daily business management in an automated manner
- Assist with the daily operations and provide general IT business & planning support
- Prepare reports through gathering, analyzing and summarizing data and information; prepares presentation materials for management reports.
- Build predictive models that will better detect anomalies, estimate accruals, and resolve financial imbalances
- Assist in the initiation, conducting and coordinating studies and analysis on IT operations, resource allocation, financial reviews; and analyzing programs to ensure that program goals and work plans are on target.
- Participates and assists in the preparation of the annual business plans for the assigned IT functional area, and coordinates contract or resource management efforts including making recommendations based on analysis work
- Maintain annual capital and expense budgets utilizing proper accounting/budgeting controls, enter financial data into tracking system, and compile regular and ad-hoc financial status reports
- Implement cost allocation program, and respond to questions and concerns from the business areas. Review contract invoices, identify disparities, and resolve issues with the vendors.
- Provide labor forecasts, projects, initiatives, demand and capacity analyses.
- Serves as the liaison between IT technical teams, resource manager, and human resources organization to develop and implement appropriate IT talent management activities.
qualifications: Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor of Arts / Science in accounting, business, finance, similar field OR equivalent work experience
- 4 years of general business experience
- BI Tools: Webi reporting, Power BI, Tableau, SAS(Basic)
- Programming knowledge: SQL, VBA
- Database knowledge: Oracle, SQL Server
- Advanced Excel skills
- Solid Microsoft Suite knowledge in Project, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word; advanced excel skills
skills: Desired Qualifications:
- Programming experience in R, Python
- Tools: SMC Remedy, JIRA, PPMC, P6/Primavera, JMP
- Understands how to execute, build, and get things done with limited resources
- Experience managing large scale project implementations
- Six Sigma, CPSM, or related certificate
- Project management or utility experience
- Has strong knowledge of business and financial planning, professional concepts as they apply to the IT organization
- Solid problem-solving skills (i.e., exercises independent judgment and discretion to perform assigned tasks from low to average complexity using established procedures, standards, and guidelines)
- Work independently on small to medium initiatives
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented and self-directed
- Strong knowledge of financial systems (SAP, Business Warehouse) and concepts,
- Experience with budgeting process
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Workload/Time Management
- Solid knowledge of finance and business planning, professional concepts as they apply to the IT organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.