As a Project Manager, you will be accountable for driving the delivery of new capabilities for our enterprise applications (e.g. Salesforce, ServiceMax, SAP, WorkDay) from initial scope definition, resource planning, budget management, development, risk management, compliance/validation, testing, deployment, through project closure.
You will lead and motivate cross functional teams and collaborate with key business stakeholders. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in delivering application development projects and have demonstrated effective facilitation, organizational, and influencing skills.The Project Manager will also participate in the facilitation and maturation of the IT Project Portfolio Management processes, and evolving Project Management standards and practices. S/He will lead and motivate cross functional teams and collaborate with key business stakeholders to deliver successful projects.
location: Waltham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $58 - 61 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Manage the project lifecycle including: scoping, project planning, resource planning, project kickoff, implementation, deployment, and stabilization. This will include ensuring that the project is delivered on time, meets business; technical requirements, and is within the agreed budget.
- Translate customer business capability needs into tactical plans and strategies with team support as required.
- Drive activities and coordination across a many resource types: dedicated, shared, cross-functional, subject-matter experts, across multiple geographical locations.
- Effectively utilizes varying project management approaches (e.g. waterfall, agile), tools, and methodologies; monitors progress and adjusts as needed to successfully drive delivery from both the IT project team and the business stakeholders.
- Ensures effective team dynamics and decision-making, as well as effective interactions with all internal and external collaborators.
- Facilitates breaking down work stream requirements into lower level requirements to enable development activities that ultimately deliver on the project goals.
- Responsible for project tracking appropriate for varying audiences (e.g. budget and status tracking, project documentation) and communication, adjusting as needed to the project methodology being utilized (waterfall: project plans, agile: burndown charts).
- Report on program progress across multiple work streams to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Anticipate, manage and resolve issues and act as the point of contact for the IT program.
- Use best practice risk management, assessing risks in an informed and considered manner and to plan for the mitigation of these risks.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and maintain trusting and collaborative relationships.
- Ensures compliance with company quality management systems, policies and procedures.
- Proactively identifies any issues, concerns or challenges in regards to assigned project; develop action plans to address open issues, including escalation to key external stakeholders as necessary.
- Facilitates tradeoff decisions and removes obstacles.
- Drives and enables team collaboration; Builds high morale and team commitments to goals and objectives by creating a compelling sense of common purpose and direction.
- Contribute to establishing, evolving, and driving adoption of project and portfolio process standards and practices.
- 3-5 years project management experience in an application/software development environment, preferably with experience driving B2B solutions on the Salesforce platform (Sales, Service).
- ServiceMax experience a strong plus.Proficient with project management principles (e.g. resource allocation, cost estimation, risk analysis).
- Demonstrated practical experience, flexibility, and adaptability with multiple project management approaches (waterfall, agile) and tools (Experience with Jira a plus)
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams with an ability to drive team collaboration, communication, and effectiveness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively articulate complex concepts and ideas to broad audiences.
- Proven track record of effective decision-making.
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and influencing skills; can effectively drive discussions and decisions toward desired results, able to get things done without formal authority.
- Experience partnering with vendors and consultants.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.