Our Client is seeking a Senior Security Engineer
for an exciting project in their Atlanta office. The ideal individual will be an individual contributor in the implementation, operations and support of enterprise security solutions in a global, multi-data center environment. The ideal candidate will have experience and direct knowledge of managing security infrastructure in large complex global multi-data center environments.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $67 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Technical security incident response, operations and managing client experience.
- Develop, maintain and advance the security posture of the company in order to adequately protect company assets.
- Managing and enhancing the effectiveness of current security tools and applications including network, application and database firewall infrastructure; web content filtering technologies; VPN/network gateway infrastructure; security firewalls; corporate security policies, programs, and procedures to protect information systems' assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction.
- Support incident management processes and security monitoring alerts in preventing internal / external hackers from compromising our Clients data and assets.
- Support new and existing security solutions and partner with the Tier 3 security engineering team for the implementation and integration of any new enhancements made to existing security solutions in support of improving overall enterprise security.
- Ensure security tools and solutions hardware/software/devices are operating effectively and updated in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain operating guidelines and procedures in support of company policies, standards and guidelines.
- Use appropriate and effective measures to respond to network security alerts.
- Understand the latest hacker techniques and propose appropriate
qualifications: Job Qualifications:
- 8+ years of Checkpoint
- 5 + Palo Alto /Panorama experience preferred
- 8+ years of experience in IT Network or Security or related area with a focus on security tool technology, security management and policy enforcement
- 3 + years Scripting - Bash or Python preferred
- Prior experience with network security & related applications, tools and solutions
- 8+ years' experience in a large complex firewall environment
- Deep understanding of network routing and switching architecture, design and troubleshooting
- Experience supporting 24x7x365 high availability solutions in large complex data center environments, tier 2 and tier 3 support
- Technical product training and certifications, network hardware and application security training and/or certifications.
Bachelors degree or some education and experience
skills: Job Skills:
- General understanding of regulations and standards ( GLBA, PCI-DSS, SSAE16, etc.) governing technology and financial services industry
- Knowledge of VMWare NSX w/PaloAlto integration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.