- The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical.
- In an Interaction Designer role, you'll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs-ranging from novice to sophisticated users.
- Achieving this goal requires that you collaborate closely with teams of Designers, UX Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process-from crafting user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes.
- At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
- We are looking for a talented UX designer to join Actions on Google Developer Experience (DevX) team.
- Actions on Google plays a critical role in the Google Assistant and Google Search ecosystem and we build cloud platform and tools for developers around the world to create voice-based user experience.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $73.33 - 80.98 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Help to define the user model and user interface for Actions on Google products and features.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change.
BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc)
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory
Desired Preferred qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc)
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years experience in UX space minimum. Portfolio is required. Please include in header area.
- Demonstrated experience in crafting usable digital interfaces. Demonstrated visual design sensibilities as they relate to applying a brand to digital experiences.
- Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.