The Network Engineer is responsible for the administration, maintenance, configuration, and troubleshooting of network appliances with the Organization's infrastructure. Qualified candidates will have hands on experience in fast paced agile environments with data center responsibilities along with heavy core network design, security best practices, load balancers, and firewall experience. Network architecture, troubleshooting, performance tuning, integration and deployment are expected.
location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Monitor and administer network appliances with security best practices in mind
- Good communication skills and ability to work with a diverse team.
- Committed to keeping network stable and secure at their highest level possible.
- Ability to cross train team members who are capable of working on network appliances.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery architecture and plan execution.
- Effectively document network architecture.
- Performs other related duties as requested by Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Information System, Computer Science or related field.
- Cisco Nexus/Catalyst platforms and Fortinet administration.
- Cisco Certifications preferred - CCNA or higher
- 6+ years as a Network Administrator/Engineer
- VMware experience.
- VLAN and network segmentation best practices and experience.
skills: Required Skills:
- Dependability and a positive team player approach is critical.
- Customer service and the ability to remain focused is required.
- A strong desire to advance and develop technical skills.
- Must possess good written & verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a highly visible fast paced environment:
- Understanding of core networking and network security concepts.
- Experience with Cisco core network equipment, Dell switches, Cisco switches.
- Experience with Barracuda and Fortinet load balancers and firewalls.
- Experience with security tools such as Qualys.
- Experience in a 24x7 on-call environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.