Our client, a global leader in the Financial Technology space is looking for a Network and Telecommunications Engineer that is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
The engineer will perform a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meet company and user satisfaction.
The Network and Telecommunications Engineer also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network and telecommunication configurations and installations. Will require on-call availability and may require working during non-business hours and on weekends.
- High level of competence in the following: Cisco VOIP (CUCM), Cisco video endpoints, Cisco video bridging infrastructure, and Cisco TelePresence.
- An understanding of routing/switching/QOS, firewalls and its potential impact on voice, video and web streaming network environments.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/presentation and written communications skills.
- Conceptual and analytical thinker, able to understand, analyze and synthesize complex technology issues.
- Flexible and adaptable process-oriented work style; strong demonstrated work ethic.
- In-depth, up-to-date and broad knowledge of the Information Technology field is a plus, including all major communications and computing technologies and trends, including significant domestic and international exposure.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.