We are seeking a Senior Unity VR/AR/Mobile Apps Developer to join the Applied Research team.
Job Description: You'll join a team using Unity to rapidly create simulated and real versions of product concepts. We are heavily investigating and developing the capability to use AR/VR simulation to rapidly conceptualize hardware/software concepts for future versions of our products. Unity's ability to easily create cross platform applications, enables us to easily distribute our prototypes internally and for user testing so that we can have an immediate impact on our product maps.
location: Framingham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
You'll work on the Advanced Interaction Design & Prototyping (AIDP) team. We work with teams across Bose to prototype and design software/hardware experiences for future versions of Bose products. The core team is a small multi-disciplinary group able to fully prototype hardware & software concepts. Responsibilities:
- Developing VR & AR frameworks/tools
- Prototyping compelling experiences
- Developing AR/VR hardware Evaluating the latest AR/VR products
- Developing computer-vision based UX
- Developing spatial audio centric experiences
- Create multi-modal interaction models such as voice interfaces, hand gestures, gaze detection, eye tracking, and computer vision.
- Opportunities to investigate new technologies
- 5+ years of Unity experience
- Experience wrapping native code/libraries in Unity and developing cross platform projects
- Must have shipped professional game(s) using Unity.
- Must work on location in Framingham where Bose's R&D building is located
skills: Preferred Experience:
- Experience with creating rich audio content including authoring content, doing sound design, and the use of spatial audio
- Having worked on voice interfaces
Candidate should possess strong personal discipline, history of exhibiting initiative and creativity, strong written and communication skills, strong analytical skills, and effective problem-solving ability.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.