Oracle Apex Developer #492
Client needs an Oracle Apex Developer skilled in the delivery and ongoing support of Oracle Apex Applications. The Information Systems team is responsible for the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) from project inception through implementation through ongoing support of the client systems that support core functions related (but not limited to) Finance, Research Administration, Human Resources, Facilities Management, and Faculty and Student Affairs.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: High School
The ideal candidate will be energized by solving problems in new and innovative ways. Candidates is comfortable working in an ever-changing environment and have the ability to engage with stakeholders to identify minimal viable product for frequent delivery of new technology solutions.
Responsibilities: - Develop new applications, support and enhance existing applications using Oracle Application Express, PL/SQL and other development tools-
Responsible for design, developing, testing, and documenting using Oracle Application Express Software to meet user's needs
- Perform system analysis and system development tasks. Analyze functional business requirements and develop solution, create technical specifications & unit test scripts
- Partner with Business Systems Analysts, fellow IT Resources, and End users to understand business requirements, minimal viable product requirements, and deliver required features/functions
- Collaborate with client to ensure IT best practices are adhered to and that security and architecture requirements are fulfilled
- Understand existing design/process of applications and data integrations, troubleshoot issues based on requirements. Continuously identify opportunities for application improvements, performance turning and resolving root cause issues
- Adhere to data architecture guidance and IT best practices such as the SDLC (software development lifecycle)
- Must have strong problem solving analytical skills, agile development a plus, excellent troubleshooting, programming and testing skills.
- In addition have excellent verbal and written skills specifically in documentation to transform them into detailed system technical design documents with an approach within a technical design documentation.
skills: Qualifications: - 5+ years experience with Oracle APEX development, Oracle PL/SQL, web application development
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to solve complex issues.
- Experience designing, adapting and implementing technical solutions that are aligned with business strategy in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently while engaging the customer in a customer focused environment and providing information to the team.
- Strong ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with internal and external teams.
- Demonstrated ability in writing technical requirement documentation - Collaborate with other IT application owners and leaders to communicate, share and implement best practices.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask, deadline and detail oriented.
- Strong attention to detail, quality troubleshooting and solution orientation.
- Troubleshooting skills, problem resolution, project management and technology evaluation to meet business requirements.
- Experience working in a higher ed setting and/or familiarity with Oracle Financials, Peoplesoft HR, Student Information Systems, a plus
- Maintain and enforce SQL and PL/SQL development coding standards and best practices. Requirements:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience in Information Technology field.
- 5+ years experience working with Oracle APEX, PL/SQL, stored procedures, web design
- Minimum of 5 application implementations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.