Sr Java Developer
Seeking multiple Java Developers from Jr Mid to Senior to work onsite full time at NIH (National Institutes of Health) facility in Bethesda, MD (Rockledge Drive Campus).
location: Bethesda, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
MAJOR PURPOSE OF THIS JOB:
1. Research, design, develop, and maintain web-based grant management application systems for the National Institutes of Health - eRA Program (era.nih.gov)
2. Develop code in Java. Develop new systems. Maintain existing code through bug fixes and enhancements. Provide production support. Unit test Java code and manipulate data for analysis of system requirements.
3. Use Java, J2EE, Oracle, Eclipse, XML, Bootstrap
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Experience with Object oriented design and development.
2. Experience developing enterprise applications using J2EE/JEE technologies such as Java 1.7+, Spring MVC, Spring JDBC, Hibernate.
3. Experience with RDMS and database design (Oracle, PL/SQL).
4. Experience with XML, Web Services (RESTful, SOAP), Apache CXF.
6. Experience with automated development testing (JUNIT, Cucumber, Selenium).
7. Experience with Source Control and CM Tools (Git, Stash, JIRA).
8. Experience working in Agile environments and understanding of Agile Scrum methodology.
9. Must be local to the MVD area.
skills: EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: At least a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.