This role is part of a team responsible for the continuous operation and performance of company enterprise network. This position will provide operational leadership and vendor oversight on problem determination and problem resolution for security problems within the enterprise data network. This person will be responsible for driving problems to resolution through methodical troubleshooting and by working with our network support vendor. This position will ensure high quality security service delivery through daily monitoring of vendor performance, responsiveness to security problems, crisis management, and adherence to service levels and security service improvement initiatives. This position will be responsible for joint planning and vendor oversight for security-related change activity. A person in this role is expected to respond to high impact issues on a 24x7 basis, participating in a rotating oncall schedule with other team members.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $48 - 58 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide tier II/tier III support for network security systems and infrastructure.
- Provide leadership during firewall, VPN, and other security related problem determination efforts.
- Provide support for F5 load balancing technologies
- Implement firewall solutions and provide consultation on projects requiring security operational support.
- Provide planning and vendor oversight for firewall and VPN changes.
- Operate and improve services in accordance with business needs, priorities and SLAs.
- Drive process improvements and procedures that will improve overall Security Service Delivery to the customer.
- Ensure uniformity of security service delivery and attainment of all business and customer objectives.
- Develop improved processes to improve firewall and security service reliability and availability.
- Provide periodic performance reports for review with management providing input on improvements and quality initiatives.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least 5 years' experience in firewall, VPN, WAF, IPS\DDoS management. as well as load balancing technologies, or its equivalent in education and work experience.
- Prior experience with a large enterprise network, preferably in the healthcare sector.
- Minimum of either CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) or JNCIA (Juniper Networks Certified Internetworking Associate) certification. CCNP is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following firewalls: Cisco, PaloAlto, Fortigate, Juniper.
- Demonstrated experience with IDS/IPS technologies.
- Experience with configuration and support of client-to-site VPN tunnels. Experience with Cisco AnyConnect client support a plus.
- Knowledge of security protocols and implementations including NAT and ACLs
- Experience in the use of multiple network tools, such as, SyslogNG, SevOne, Splunk, tcpdump and wireshark, for network troubleshooting
- Well versed in crisis management and root cause analysis techniques.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.