Responsible for using best practice PMO methodology to create a project plan to fit the stakeholders/sponsor's needs and deliver on desired outcomes.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $71 - 74 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop integrated baseline project plans applying estimating models, identify resources and skills required, document estimating assumptions, refine plans and manage performance against them.
- Recommend best solutions based on understanding of business issues.
- Provide task-based schedule and cost forecasts and assist in assessing risk-based provisions.
- Capture and track program metrics and perform analysis.
- Manage project scope by assessing requirements changes, determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk.
- Manage client expectations, anticipates operational and tactical risks and tracks them.
- Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required.
- Manage project closure initiatives, such as client satisfaction survey and closure analysis.
- Document and archive project activities, deliverables, tools and findings for future projects.
- Procurement background required - not just buying experience
- Project Managing experience - delivering and managing something on their own, ability to drive strategy
- Supplier interaction experience - knows how to spot a good supplier vs a bad supplier
- Material experience is good to have
- Degree required for position - Business, Engineering okay
- Microsoft Office - MS Project
- Oracle would be a plus, ERP system experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.