job summary: Business Analyst
Our client in Downtown Minneapolis is looking for a Business Analyst. In this role, you will support and influence business decisions by gathering various data elements and performing financial and statistical analysis within a functional area.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Support and influence business decisions by gathering various data elements and performing financial and statistical analysis within a functional area.
- Act as a subject matter expert on the policies and processes in place in order to assist with troubleshooting, identification and implementation of solutions.
- Document standard operating procedures and process flows for the organization to reference.
- Gather and maintaining data and ensuring accuracy of the data for reporting and analysis.
- Create reports and determining the appropriate report design for various audiences. Refining those reports and models used to conduct analysis effectively.
- Perform statistical analysis and other quantitative techniques in order to answer business questions and assess business issues and/or recommend courses of action to meet business objectives.
- Present results of analysis and/or recommendations to project managers and stakeholders.
- Establish scorecards and dashboards with process performance metrics.
- Communicate action plans, status and priorities to appropriate partners.
- Assist with performing user acceptance testing and ensuring the test results meet defined criteria in order to meet the business objectives.
- Act as a liaison between business leaders, staff and utility functions in order to drive knowledge transfer.
qualifications: Required Experience:
- Experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience in statistical analysis and scorecard creation
- Experience in completing Requirements Lists, Non-functional Requirements, Process Model, Use Cases, Data Journal and Business Rule Catalogs
- Excel Skills:
- If statements
- Using Text formulas
- Conditional formatting
skills: Desired Experience:
- Excel VBA experience
- GetPivotData experience
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate self-sufficiency with accessing, processing and interpreting information
- Ability to lead, influence, communicate and interact with people of all levels across the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.