Junior Project Manager
The purpose of the Junior Project Manager will be to support the Project Manager for the entire project lifecycle from project definition/scope through implementation. This position will play a key role in providing assistance with the projects, while helping to manage the projects' budget, schedule, and quality.
location: Hopkinton, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Participates in the creation and execution of project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Responsible for a segment of a major project or have the ability to project manage a few segments of major projects.
- Prepare meeting materials including agendas, coordinating schedules, materials, documentation of meeting minutes, and following up on action items
- Perform research to prepare estimates and collect data so that decisions can be made or rather recommendations proposed and decisions made
- Maintain on time performance and delivery or go live dates
- Report and escalate risks to project management as needed
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Build effective, professional working relationships with our clients, providing them guidance and advice where appropriate as it relates to the Company's products and services
- Assist in the compilation of reports on projects, schedules, costs and anticipated outcomes based upon performance
At least 2-3 years of Project Management experience, preferably in a scientific and or life science industry assignment working on a project management team.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi- tasking skills
- Time management skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- PMP certification is required
skills: Project Management, Microsoft Office, PMP,
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.