IT Scrum Master
Our client is currently seeking an IT Scrum Master for a 1 year contract opportunity located in San Francisco, CA.
Local and non-local candidates are okay
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $85 - 98 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
As a Scrum Master, you will support the team and the Product Owner and help them communicate, solve problems and deliver a great product. It's your role to teach the team all ways of agile software practices, lead all Scrum ceremonies, remove impediments and shield them from external distractions. You will bring the Product Owner and the team together and help them understand each other.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Experience as a Scrum master of an agile development team
- Guide the team and organization on how to use scrum & agile practices and methodologies
- Oversee scrum process and coaches the team; facilitates transparency, inspection and adaptation
- Lead daily scrum, sprint review, and planning meetings in a way that ensures full team engagement
- Supports team vision through backlog grooming
- Support Product Owner on release planning
- Remove impediments (i.e. cultural barriers, logistic challenges)
- Foster close cooperation across all team members, encourage cross-training and supporting each other
- Facilitate communication and collaboration inside and outside the team
- Shield the team from external interference and ensure the team is fully functional and productive
- Foster self-organization and growth within the team
- Foster discipline and respect by displaying/updating the team's rules (ie working agreements and 'definition of done')
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of punishment
- Require little to no coaching as an influencing scrum master
- Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with the development team, product owner, project sponsors, vendors, and stakeholders
- Understand and facilitate budget forecasts and resource needs
skills: Comments/Special Instructions
Ability and experience coaching team not just run ceremonies, understanding of financials/benefits, some knowledge in Agile release management practices.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.