As a Senior Java Systems Programmer/Analyst you will be designing complex systems, resolving challenging problems and advising other staff members in technical design. You will be also responsible for providing direction on the technologies to be used in the development of Mutual Fund Systems Applications, solutions design and estimates for development components of a solution as well as ensuring that team is following best practices (e.g. code review).
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 4
responsibilities: Responsibilities : Maintenance
- Prepare conversion plans and design and test conversion procedures.
- Understand and articulate overall application flow, and integrate larger system perspective in design, testing and problem resolution.
- Analyze and classify change requests, identifying and documenting scope of change and impact on other interfaces.
- Participate in walk-throughs which review program specs, source code, all technical supporting documentation, including screens/reports: provide feedback in accordance with department standards and guidelines.
- Produce code for new and modified programs that meet user requirements and conform to departmental standards regarding documentation and structure that is reliable and easy to maintain.
- Develop unit test plans that will thoroughly exercise program logic to ensure program/application performance with regard to business requirements.
- Execute unit test plans, document test results and resolve discrepancies as deemed appropriate.
- Develop, assist with and/or review Business Systems Design and Technical Design Documents.
- Develop system test plans that will thoroughly exercise program logic to ensure program/application performance with regard to business requirements and system integration.
- Conduct research as required.
- Key management interface with both internal and external users in the development of technology-based business applications.
- Manage staffing to ensure sufficient production support coverage and monitor staff assignments to ensure key project deliverables are met.
- Consistently provide employees with constructive and timely feedback, both positive and negative.
- Manage scheduled absences and monitor unplanned absences.
- Develop employees by providing training, mentoring, appropriately challenging assignments and assistance with career planning.
- Assist in the hiring process of qualified personnel.
qualifications: Qualifications :
- BA/BS degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years application development experience.
- Experience in financial services sector required.
- Extensive technical development experience in a distributed environment.
- MVS experience, including JES2 and JCL.
- Experience with application servers (Web Sphere) and in building web applications (JS Frame work).
- SQL & RDMS concepts - should have experience in building SQL queries, stored procedures (in DB2 or in Oracle) and must understand the basic principles of data modelling.
- Experience in writing unit testing utilizing continuous integration approach
- May have to be on call nights & weekends.
skills: 10 + years of java/j2ee experience in a full stack environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.