Capital Markets Software Developer
Key technical resource on team building sophisticated and complex trading and back office applications for a major functional and/or product area within the securities businesses. Serve as a technical resource in finding software solutions for customers. Conduct research and resolve problems in relation to processes, and recommend solutions and process improvements. Analyze user needs, determine requirements. Develop, implement and maintain software solutions to meet business requirements. Provide technical support, advice, and consultation with the issues relating to supported applications. Create and maintain process documentation for programs. Create test data, conduct interfaces and unit tests. Assures quality, security and compliance for supported systems and applications. Conduct clients/user training as required. Lead Projects.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $51.53 - 57.97 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Works in a small team as either an individual contributor or as a team lead for multifaceted computer applications and/or application initiatives.
- Regularly works with several computer languages in a heterogeneous environment.
- Multitasks multiple projects and phases of projects at the same time.
- Develops code under the direction of the Development Manager but is capable of performing duties largely independently.
- Coordinates activities with other developers and Quality Assurance personnel.
- Acts as an expert technical resource in the program development, testing, and implementation process.
- Provides rapid response to production issues and troubleshoots complex problems involving multiple inputs and outputs.
- Communicates professionally with users, Support Staff, and others through e-mail, Messenger, phone calls, and in-person discussions.
5+ years of application development experience 3+ years of securities industry experience Advanced experience in capital markets business and processes
Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical modeling
Basic knowledge and understanding of SEC, FNRA, and international regulations for building technological solutions
skills: Addition Job Details:
- 5+ years experience with C# .Net and/or Java in an n-tier environment
- 5+ years experience with RMDBS s (Sybase, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- 5+ years experience within the complete software development lifecycle
- comfortable with code control, build and deployment, automation of jobs, testing and support.
- Results oriented with the proven ability to deliver high quality, robust solutions within a small timeframe.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills especially written skills and comfortable dealing with traders, middle office, operations and risk organizations.
- Bachelor of Science degree or Equivalent Preferred experience with broad capital markets products including any of cash, derivatives, equities, foreign exchange, commodities, etc.
- Java knowledge preferred /WPF knowledge preferred /WCF knowledge preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.