Randstad Technologies has an immediate need for a Software Engineer with our long-standing customer, a leading Financial Services company.
12+ month engagement on an ongoing project with a possibility of hire, onsite in Durham, NC.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
As a platform engineer, you will help us build rest APIs with micro services architectures. You'll work on building end to end capabilities as part of our autonomous, cross functional teams. You'll have the opportunity to contribute to own entire features from concept to deployment working on cross-functional teams. You'll have the opportunity to contribute ideas to improve our products as well as develop your skills, learn new technologies and languages, and continue to learn. We're looking for highly motivated individuals who work well in a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment.
- You have a passion for technology and can navigate your way across complex and rapidly-changing landscapes by staying on top of latest trends and thrive by sharing knowledge.
- Are a creator, a doer, and a disruptor who will help us solve real-life problems and meet real customer needs. You'll be helping us build things, taking an idea, and creating rapid prototypes that are shippable and learn from real-life feedback.
- Are comfortable to be a self-starter, who actively challenges status-quo, is curious and not afraid to ask "Why" and "What if"?
- Are experienced with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks
- Care about cycle time and use CI/CD practices, tools to rapidly deploy changes to customers while minimizing risk using practices like A/B tests, blue-green deployments, and feature toggles
- Stay on top of Algorithms, Data Structures and Design Patterns and love the challenge of building highly scalable systems that can support thousands of transactions/sec.
- Have a mindset of test first development and are experienced in modern test frameworks. We believe in testing and that quality is everyone's job.
- Are data-driven and can measure, collect and use data to make decisions. We understand the value of intuition and the need to balance decisions accordingly.
- Have strong communication skills and technical expertise to drive and participate in meaningful discussions.
skills: Required Skills:
- Strong knowledge in API Design, Development & Testing, MicroServices Architecture.
- Very strong in Java language
- Automation Tools/Frameworks (Selenium, Jasmine, Chakram, Protractor)
- Experience in mainframe technologies (COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2) is a plus
- Good knowledge of HTTP based APIs, Networking and how the internet works.
- DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery, Git skills
- 6-9 years experience in primary skill
- Java and AWS Cloud certification will be a plus
- Java APIs Knowledge of mainframes a plus
- 4 year degree
- Advanced degree
- Financial Services industry experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.