The Project Manager interacts directly with the client to ensure they have a full understanding of the client's needs and expectations, that the client is fully educated on the solution being provided by client, and that any on-site requirements of client's are communicated to the client to ensure a successful installation. Leading to and during the service implementation, the Project Manager provides a single point of contact for building and/or tenant representatives, and the installation team, to ensure timely and accurate sharing of information to support smooth and efficient system installations. Please note there will be travel with this position.
location: Falls Church, Virginia
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Act as project liaison between departments and client during implementation, effectively managing, coordinating and communicating the needs and expectations of all stakeholders, through coordination and attendance at client /department meetings and briefings and/or phone calls and e-mails
- Initiate and conduct the contract review and implementation process, and generate follow?up proposals and contract amendments as warranted
- Initiate and conduct security system consultation and other services in response to customer requests
- Generate project schedules, provide progress reports on project status, and generate turn-on documents, billing adjustments and invoicing directions for accounting to ensure progress billing and final billing is performed on a timely basis
- Oversee product ordering & delivery to ensure Job Margin performance
- Coordinate and direct installation and programming staff
- Coordinate sub-contractor relationships and maintain proper insurance, training & satisfactory delivery of job implementation within job margins and budgets consistent with industry standards.
- Working knowledge of Local and State building codes related to low voltage security installations.
- Confer with departments, building and tenant representatives to discuss issues and facilitate solutions to eliminate delays
- Confer with departments, building and tenant representatives to assess progress and discuss needed changes
- Provide regular progress updates to all stakeholders
- Regularly and consistently solicit feedback and information to identify any potential barriers to timely execution of the project, such as construction delays or changes
- Revise project schedules to determine personnel and materials requirements and priorities
- Provide client training on clients systems
- Provide Client Services with training on client specifications and rules, lead building walk-through and resolve remaining hand-off issues
- Maintain complete documentation on the project directory and compile a complete dossier of the project record for turn-over to Customer Service
- Stay up to date and knowledgeable in clients services, technology as well as internal processes and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and processes for providing project management support
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Strong critical thinking skills: able to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternate solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to perform detailed work, being careful about detail and being thorough in completing tasks
- Ability to effectively develop goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish those goals
- Demonstrated ability to represent client in a polished and professional manner to customers and the public in person, in writing and via telephone
- Strong social perceptiveness, being aware of other reactions and understanding why they react as they do
- Demonstrated exceptional speaking and active listening skills, conveying information effectively and giving full attention and taking time to understand what others are saying
- Ability to cooperate, being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, supportive attitude
- Ability to come up with relevant and creative ideas, analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution
- Demonstrated self composure, adaptability, persistence, a high tolerance for stress and unquestionable integrity.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar with the ability to express thoughts clearly in writing.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications, to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project and Outlook to facilitate business processes.
- Ability to travel throughout western United States
- Must possess a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- No history of criminal convictions.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- Work history must display stability and good attendance.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and/or nights
skills: Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.