Sr. Project Manager
This Project Management Senior role will be part of the Multifamily BTO within the Information Technology Division at the client location. The candidate will be responsible for establishing and leading medium to large sized projects. The projects will range in complexity and this role will be responsible for the planning and executing from start (developing the business case) to finish (project close-out). This role will manage scope, schedule, budget, quality, risks and issues, impact on systems, and dependencies with other IT Business Units within the company.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $60.00 - 62.50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Manage assigned projects and activities from initiation to close-out
- Support the management and planning of all project components including (but not limited to): scope management, development and management of work plans.
- Directly managing all aspects of the project lifecycle, working with matrixed IT partners to oversee all SDLC phases or iterations of an Agile project
- Rigorously managing scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost and quality parameters
- Validating financial forecasts and providing on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Developing communication plans and effectively communicating in both verbal (e.g. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (status reports, change requests) form
- Serving as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives
- Ensuring that sound practices are taking place - replacing old processes with newer ones where feasible, and providing feedback for efficiencies.
- Developing the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan and related project management artifacts
- Defining and tracking project milestones while developing, maintaining and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Accurately assessing, managing and reporting risks and issues
- Publishing periodic project status reports
- Performing additional job-related duties as requested
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar technical degree and/or equivalent experience
- Typically has 8+ years of technical project management experience implementing systems
- Demonstrated ability to report on project level plans to Technical and Business partners (from staff level to Executives)
skills: Excellent communication is a must!
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Agile Scrum project methodology experience
- Successful stakeholder management experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Collaborative, professional team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) experience
- Collaborative, professional / team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, with the capability of managing multiple priorities and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Prior experience managing multiple, large, cross-functional IT projects
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Prior experience managing multiple, cross-functional IT projects
- Planview expertise
- Mortgage and/or financial services industry experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.