You are a highly motivated, energetic, and talented program manager who works effectively across various functional groups and geographies to manage product releases, and drive new initiatives to improve our development and release processes and procedures. You are a passionate change agent, skilled in coordinating changes and influencing process adoption, alignment, and implementation. You have hands-on experience using Agile processes, tools, and techniques to deliver real world products. You are knowledgeable in best practices yet flexible enough to adapt to real-world situations. You are comfortable with complexity, ambiguity, and rapidly changing requirements. You thrive in a demanding and highly visible role, which can influence and energize others. You are the ultimate team player who values first the needs of the organization, discerns the big picture, and is able to prioritize, manage and execute strategic and tactical initiatives at a fine-grain level of detail. You are excited and willing to play a variety of roles to deliver on commitments and evolve as the organization grows and the teams mature.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $85 - 90 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Manage complex software development, architecture, and integration projects in a fast paced environment
- Define and manage overall program operating rhythm
- Work with Technology and Product stakeholders to define and track program roadmaps, resource and cost baselines and assumptions
- Actively participate in product Discovery Phase to identify and manage feasibility and viability risks
- Lead quarterly and monthly release planning in a scaled hybrid/Agile environment
- Lead functional and technical delivery of key initiatives. Work directly with Product Management, Engineering, and other functional teams to ensure successful delivery of key initiatives
- Manage the scope, schedule, and resources of key initiatives. Ensure status, risks, and open issues are tracked and all stakeholders are informed in a timely manner
- Drive key projects and features from inception through discovery and delivery, ensuring effective planning, monitoring, and intra/inter team alignment
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools, monitor progress and maintain project metrics
- Provide clear and crisp communication on project/program issues, risks, schedule, activities, status, and key metrics
- Facilitate key Agile rituals across Scrum teams to properly address project status, progress issues, risks and decisions
- Act as an agile coach and for multiple teams. Assist in training team members on Agile/Scrum concepts.
- Foster and model a collaborative team environment driven to build awesome software while having fun
- Bachelor of Science (Computer Science or relevant field)
- PMP Certification
- 7+ years of technical software development program/project management, with 3+ years of program management
- 2+ years of experience as a dedicated Scrum master and/or Agile coach
- Experience leading or managing medium-large scale SaaS/Cloud based projects
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
skills: - Excellent verbal communication, facilitation, and coaching skills
- Excellent written communication skills: clear, concise, structured, unambiguous
- Extremely high attention to detail with ability to synthesize information from multiple sources
- Extensive experience administering JIRA and Confluence Wiki
- Exposure to a wide variety of software project management methodologies and frameworks; deep understanding of agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Strong analytical, prioritization, and troubleshooting skills
- Collaborative and energetic team player who thrives in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that values innovation and impact
- Self-driven and motivated with ability to unblock yourself and the team
- Passionate about learning and improving as a Program Manager
- Advanced Degree
- Certified Scrum Master/Professional (CSM, CSP)
- Familiarity with SAFe (SPC certification a plus)
- Familiarity with Planview, Smartsheet, LeanKit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.