We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer in the Americas region to provide best-in-class service and Support for our customers and distribution partners - both internal and external.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing 2nd level support inquiries as well as pre/post sales technical integrations across News Agency distribution systems and content products covering broadcast video, text, pictures, graphics and online content.
The role requires excellent technical and troubleshooting skills using collaborative and pro-active approaches to ensure that issues are dealt with quickly and effectively. In addition, it requires a keen interest in learning new technologies and the ability to handle proficiently speak in a technical sales atmosphere.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $23 - 27 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide 2nd level support for customers for problem resolution, including reproduction of customer issues
- Lead technical integration services and provide technical consultation in pre/post sales environments; including customer demonstrations, training, and advice on functionality and integration.
- Perform customer site break fix activities remotely, or dispatched to site when required.
- Work with resolution teams on major, elusive or reoccurring issues that affect customer satisfaction.
- Manage migration activities for legacy products
- Provide support for alpha and beta platforms.
- Maintain awareness of relevant technical and product trends through self-learning/study, training classes and job shadowing.
- Provide technical training to both front line support teams and 3rd party engineers.
- Create content which enriches and informs our customers on maximizing the value of company products.
- ~2+ years relevant experience in service and support environments coupled with industry standard certification or qualifications in a relevant technical field
- Experience in service and support in broadcast and new media industries
- Exposure to technical sales environments
- Ability to work with global, virtual teams to deliver projects and resolutions.
- Experience working with a suite of company products and the underlying technologies, components, and infrastructure, and supporting and/or integrating them.
- Strong experience performing root cause analysis in a customer support environment
- Experience performing triage, escalation, follow up for various severity issues.
- Experience with service incident management.
- Experience/Exposure to technical sales/support environments and documentation creation.
- Experience with global satellite delivery of media content
- An independent worker with excellent time management and follow-through.
- Experience with: JIRA, ZenDesk, Salesforce, Slack, Office 365, REST/SOAP API services, FTP, and RSS.
- Experience/Exposure to NewsML-G2 XML standard and JSON formats as well as the translating of this formats into other formats.
- Experience with HLS/HDS/RTMP delivery of live events.
- Exposure or Experience with iNews, ENPS, WordPress a bonus.
- Basic Network Administration (Windows and Linux) or relevant industry certification(s).
- Exposure to modern web development environments which include Amazon Cloud Services (S3, EC2, etc).
- Multi-language speaker a bonus, but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.