The Informatica Solutions Architect applies architecture guidance and practices to translate business architecture into contextual, conceptual, logical and physical system architectures across data, application and technical disciplines. Involved in building out the company's Enterprise Information Management systems and processes as part of the Data & Analytics Program.
location: Hartford, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Serves as Informatica Subject Matter Expert for implementation of Informatica-based solutions in a cloud environment.
- Produces solution options and approach documents that clarify the problem space.
- Proposes a recommended solution, explains the rationale, enumerates significant components and addresses relevant constraints, risks, concerns, alternatives and the consequences of proposed choices.
- Develops architecture artifacts according to company standards.
· Works closely with other areas of the Architecture practice to insure alignment to architectural principles and standards and maintains alignment to an overall enterprise / transformation strategy.
- Communicates key program details to various stakeholders within Business and IT.
- 3-5+ years of IT Solutions Architecture experience.
- Must have experience implementing Informatica solutions.
- Must have excellent experience with Informatica suite of products, including PowerCenter, Big Data Management, Master Data Management.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of architecture best practices, methodologies and models.
skills: - Proficiency in proven and emerging architectures/technologies such as SOA, Web Services, and Cloud architectures.
- Demonstrated experience in Data Management, Data Governance, and Data Warehousing.
- Knowledge and experience in ETL process, architecture and design.
- Proficiency in UML and similar modeling techniques.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture tools (e.g., LeanIX, Troux or similar) a plus.
- Experience with Guidewire, SAP and Microsoft architectures and development platforms a plus.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work as a member of team.
- Ability to meet and coordinate multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
- Skills in leadership, managing through influence, relationship management, and presentation highly desired.
- Insurance industry experience and large-scale transformation project experience highly desired.
- Bachelor's degree in information management, computer science, or business required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.