- The Senior Project Manager drives outcomes for complex projects, assuring deliverables are achieved.
- Responsible for assembling technical and operational project team members, coordinating activities, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of a project.
- Regularly provides guidance, direction and training to less experienced Project Managers.
location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $77 - 80 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop tactical, business and strategic plans that allow for tracking of projects against major milestones.
- Define and establish clear and results-oriented program/project objectives and outcomes. Monitor projects from initiation through delivery for continuous improvement/refinement opportunities, identify and resolve issues/risks/barriers, report status, and escalate to appropriate SMEs/leadership as necessary
- Frequently interact with Directors and above - Communication skills must be
- 10+ years of experience in a project management role of software development projects
- Health Care Insurance Industry experience is required
- Medicare Advantage experience is plus
- Experience with managing scope/schedule/cost for software development projects
- Experience with assembling technical and operational project team members, coordinating activities, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of a project.
- Experience taking projects from original concept through final implementation.
- Ability to manage the integration of vendor tasks and deliverable
- Agile and waterfall experience a plus
- Education - Master's Degree or equivalent in project management, computer science, business administration or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.