job summary: Position Description
- Interpret business and functional requirements into a strong design.
- Apply industry best practices and standards in conjunction with project requirements and design.
- Work closely with other developers, project managers, database administrators, and QA.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements/efficiencies and drive adoption of high priority/high value improvements within the team.
- Manage time effectively with minimal supervision to accurately scope projects and ensure that projects release on-time.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $56.67 - 62.58 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- In-depth experience developing numerous web-based applications.
- Experience working in Linux, BSD, or UNIX environment. Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership.
- Strong commitment to quality, architecture, and documentation.
BA/BS in Computer Science or related 3 years of technical field (In lieu of degree, 3 years relevant skills or equivalent experience, i.e GIS Systems Management).
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related 3 years of technical field (In lieu of degree, 3 years relevant skills or equivalent experience, i.e GIS Systems Management).
- 3 years experience in managing geospatial data, familiar with related software tools
- 3 years of strong Python, Java or C++ coding experience GeoSpatial Analysis & data manipulation (ESRI, GRASS, QGIS, etc)
- Strong presentation & writing skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.