job summary: Position Description
Games User Researchers are needed to provide user-centered data to game developers, with the goal to improve the game experience.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50.00 - 55.22 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Work closely with cross-functional teams with a common goal of creating great games.
- Assess games via qualitative research: Run research sessions, analyze data, write detailed reports, work with cross-functional stakeholders to improve game quality based on data.
- Support ongoing UX research work - by running or moderating qualitative studies, analyzing data, organizing research session logistics, writing detailed reports.
- Run large-scale in-person studies to assess other aspects of video games, such as overall fun and difficulty.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through benchmark studies, lab studies, interviews, home visits and/or surveys.
- Work with other researchers, designers, product managers, engineers in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory
- Must have 1 year experience working as a games user researcher.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- At least 1 year experience conducting research on consumer-facing experiences, in industry setting.
- Confidence and communication skills necessary to speak in front of large groups, including directing 20 participants concurrently in a research session.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.