Quality Assurance Analyst
We are entering the next phase of the Business Intelligence Initiative and require the efforts of a QA resource for 18 months.The Business Intelligence initiative provides Ad Sales Finance an enhanced and comprehensive view of their business, utilizing methods that greatly improve their approach to analyzing data and making educated business decisions. Some of the benefits provided are: Automating their work processes, and therefore eliminating the very time-consuming, cumbersome, and resource intensive manual processes that exist today. Improved ability of the business teams to tailor their reporting needs in an on demand fashion. Improved ability to work from a quality monitored, auditable data source, so that teams are working from a consistent base of information. Improved ability to consolidate information from all geographies to present a total, world-wide view of business activity. Greatly improved access to high quality data and information in more of a self-service model. Improved access to information resulting in more timely tactical and stronger strategic decision making. Improved efficiencies of the Business staff while providing the ability for all our resources to focus on higher value-add business activities rather than manually pulling and compiling data from multiple sources to supply needed information sets.
location: Bristol, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Participates in design and implementation of QA test strategies and protocol for testing software releases - Ensures the full application of all relevant QA standards to validate application functionality - Documents, tracks and verifies defects and fixes in assigned applications - Participates in ensuring that assigned projects adhere to agreed-upon functional specification and applicable QA standards - Provides various levels of training and mentoring as required or applicable to junior or contingent workforce - Regularly reviews and interprets QA results with limited support from Senior QA and provides relevant standard reports to Mgt as applicable - Participates in the design & development of automation test scripts using automation tools - Participates in making decisions to release applications under development to production - Uses ingenuity in applying analytical techniques and organizational skills to identifying and evaluating alternatives and to developing recommended approaches to resolving quality assurance issues - Works on the interpretation of QA issues and problems for technical and non-technical personnel - Interprets specific aspects of QA findings and protocols for QA Management - Communicates semi-complex information to both technical and non-technical personnel - May participate in industry QA groups; evaluates issues from QA groups as they pertain to the organization; suggests potential courses of action or process changes - Typically communicates with both internal and external contacts at manager organization levels - Participates in interactions with management of other departments or units or functions regarding QA issues and problems with assigned applications - Ability to document clearly - Understands complex source systems in order to recreate different scenarios for testing and analysis - Translates simple and complex business rules to SQL queries - Executes SQL queries to validate data quality and accuracy - Modifies existing test cases and queries to accommodate new requirements - Creates and executes test cases for ad-hoc report testing, canned report testing, scenario testing and regression testing - Performs regression testing after system upgrades, database refreshes, tool upgrades, migration, etc. - Performs root cause analysis of found defects/issues
- 6 to 8+ years of experience in structured software/ testing environment
- Good experience in Web based application testing
skills: - Great SQL skills - can write their own queries
- Strong API testing skills'
- Knowledge and experience with programming language(s), relational databases, and new technology stacks and how they relate to software testing
- Strong self-management skills
- Very good understanding of software development life cycle
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.