- The Agile Product Owner is a dynamic and challenging role that holds the business vision by partnering with multiple stakeholders to understand, analyze, refine clear requirements and identify priorities for a delivery team.
- This involves partnering with architects to drive solutions, establishing clear requirements.
- Through a combination of strong business understanding, solid analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent interviewing and facilitating techniques, you will lead the discovery and conceptual design work required to translate business vision into solutions and features.
location: San Rafael, California
job type: Contract
salary: $52.94 - 60.00 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: How you will contribute:
- Consult with project stakeholders to understand business drivers and translate them into functional and non-functional requirements
- Elicit, capture, analyze, refine and document business requirements and user stories
- Consult and advise on functionality, applicability, and usability of technology solutions to project requirements
- Lead robust, fast (through) inceptions (identify scope, solution and release plan)
- Own prioritized actionable backlogs
- Partner with Architects to drive the right solutions
- Balance business requirements with technical feasibility and sustainability
- Research and analyze industry trends and benchmarking information as they apply to the Client business model and domain area needs
- Dissect high-level information into details and communicate details in a manner understood by relevant audiences
- Influence requirements and process to effectively utilize systems and applications without customization
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships
- Follow complete lifecycle of project benefit, including reporting back on adoption, business value and customer satisfaction post go-live
- Co-own Release Plans and communicate changes to stakeholders regularly
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with Business Management (or related field), or equivalent work experience required
skills: What you'll need to succeed:
- 5-10+ years of IT experience in an enterprise environment, including at least 4 years of Business Analyst or comparable experience, supporting medium to large-size projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with Business Management (or related field), or equivalent work experience required
- Experience in ERP, CRM, Financials, Business Intelligence (SAP HANA Data Warehouse,Salesforce, Siebel, ...)
- Business knowledge in software/high tech industry, emerging technologies focusing on cloud products, SaaS platforms, and/or Enterprise Applications
- Agile/Scrum experience desired. Certified Scrum Product Owner or Certified Scrum Professional preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.