Sr. Software Engineer - Java
Responsible for writing computer software. Top skills required Java, Spring / Spring Boot, RESTful API, Oracle PL/SQL.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 53 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
This position will design, code, repair, enhance, integrate, upgrade, convert, provide level-3 support, and administer application software, and middleware. Work is performed within guidelines set by management regarding the development life cycle, version control, source code control, documentation, unit testing, code verification, code deployment, and team collaboration.
This level of software engineer will work on every story in the sprint but will not be involved in design work. They take direction from lead / architect but will oversee work and provide mentorship to lower level software engineers. This level will take a high level (and often vague) task and break it down into small well-defined tasks and manage them to fruition. Full latitude for independent judgment when applying skills and problem solving capabilities, with input and minimal oversight required by lead, architect or supervisor.
This position collaborates with the development teams, QA, Security, collaborative groups/clients and other cross functional teams to define, provide for, and test deliverables.
- Develop deliverables for QA (Code and unit test)
- Review, analyze and collaborate with business analyst and development teams to fully understand requirement; develop approach for coding -
- Collaborate with development team on data approach for coding - Understand data guidelines, and understand data sources available, what is new based on requirements, and how the project will impact common data stores
- Provide direction to Associate Software Engineer/Software Engineer, and collaborate with core team, QA, Security, and other cross functional teams to provide the appropriate solution
- Provide SME on application and data to other teams; also provide ad-hoc reporting Team mentoring, directing, and priority setting
skills: Minor Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree required
Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Informatics
Progressive, related application development experience.
Object Oriented Programming concepts (Java, C++).
- Knowledge in Linux
- Basic knowledge of testing and QA procedures
- Basic knowledge of rational databases (RDBS, SQL, Oracle, Posgres SQL)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.