Are you a highly innovative technical leader? Do you love code? Have you led reference implementations in the past? Great we, as we are in the throes of a major digital modernization/transformation and we want you to be a part of it! In this role you will get to show off your chops as a full stack software engineer influencing outcomes, guiding transformation, putting your stamp on how the team and organization evolves. The journey is wide open with possibilities .. here are a few things that you will need to have:
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $60.00 - 68.50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- You will be a mentor to the team driving full (and correct) adoption of modern software engineering & Delivery practices ("Real" Agile, TDD, Stateless Design, Microservices, Containerization, CI/CD, Cloud, etc.)
- Deep knowledge and experience in designing for and implementing solutions in the cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) this can range from custom code on IaaS/PaaS to SaaS solution integrations.
- Strong communication skills, you will be responsible for interfacing and influencing with the business lines as well as others across IT.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred.
- At least 5 years, engineering quality full-stack solutions. If coding is like breathing...you've probably found the right position.
skills: High Level Tech Skills (we are sure you will have more):
- Languages: Java, AngularJS, node.js
- Modern Tools: RedHat Fuse, jBPM or Drools, Atlassian Suite (Bamboo, Jira, Bitbucket), Git, Jenkins, Cucumber
- DBs: SQL, Mongo, Postgres
- Cloud: AWS, Azure, Google
- Other: OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes
- Obviously looking for strong understanding and implementation of tried and true as well as modern design patterns and architectural principles.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.