Our client is looking for a Project Manager within a Financial Services environment. Projects will be on going activities in need of additional support.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Manage project deliverables
- Manage project financials and capacity planning.
- Partner with business groups as necessary to help prioritize work.
- Drive the implementation of project deliverables defined in a project charter while ensuring the budget, scope, schedule, risk and quality meet specific success criteria.
- Ensure key stakeholders are informed and engaged.
- Ensure company and industry standard project management methodologies and tools are utilized.
- Ensure that project deliverables are strategically aligned with business objectives and defined for the team.
- Define, estimate and schedule project tasks and interdependencies to achieve the scope through a clearly defined project plan/work breakdown structure.
- Identify project resource requirements and working to ensure adequately skilled resources are available to deliver on project commitments.
- Hold resources accountable for delivering on the project plan, including providing coaching and mentoring of resources.
- Adhere to the approved project methodology for project management and maintain project artifacts and records.
- Identify and track key measures of success for the project.
- Analyze project performance, creating cost benefit analysis and identifying optimal solutions that minimize the negative impact and trade offs.
- Implement corrective actions to ensure project success and facilitates project change requests.
- Provide internal and external stakeholder communications and progress reports that effectively outline the project status, risks, issues and action plans to ensure project success.
- Escalate risks and issues with potential significant impact.
- Work effectively with business partners, vendors, technology, and project management staff to develop the project agenda and ensure agreement/adoption of project objectives/deliverables by all affected constituencies.
- Transitioning project into daily business operations at the end of the project.
- Ability to balance approach to political, economic, social, technological, and administrative factors
- Flexible with the ability to adjust quickly to changing situations and drive results through ambiguous environments or unexpected obstacles
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and work independently with little oversight
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to satisfy requirements from multiple customers/stakeholders
- Ability to quickly sift through concepts and drill down into actionable steps
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to make objective decisions
skills: Required Experience:
- Experience as a Project Manager
- Experience managing project financials and capacity planning
- Experience managing project deliverables
- Experience leading multiple complex projects from design to delivery
- Strong understanding of Project Management methodology, tools and techniques including Capability Maturity Model integrated (CMMi) methods
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.