Project Mgr - Sourcing
We are looking for a Project Manager to support a Sourcing team.l
The scope of products supported includes, but is not limited to, resale of New Products and Services in the following technology areas: Security, Cloud, Contact Center, Internet of Thing
location: Ashburn, Virginia
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
A key aspect of this PM role is building collaborative relationships with our internal business partners as well as strategic relationships with our suppliers.
- Help support and drive all aspects of complex strategic sourcing process including but not limited to taking lead stakeholder calls for New Contract requests,
- Work with Business POCs to initiate high level scoping of contract requirements calls
- Timely project and contract status updates to Business POCs and Leadership
- Develop Program Schedules for Complex Business Programs and identify ownership, reach consensus, meet milestones and complete contracting by business partner required dates.
- Manages supplier relationships, effectively maintaining positive and ethical working relationships.
- Stays current with Product supported technology and services offered to our Customers and understands Sourcing Best Practices.
- Collaborates closely with key business partners to understand their priorities and challenges; assess their needs on an ongoing basis; and manage their expectations. Earns the business partner's respect and serves as a Trusted Advisor.
- Effectively work with internal Sourcing team to update Team Tracker and communicate priorities and pushback to Business POCs as needed
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or 2-4 years of work experience.
- Project Management experience in a complex multi-project and multi-geography environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience developing resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity.
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Self-motivated /self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in influencing others
Even Better if you have:
- Vendor Management experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute
- Experience in Sourcing or Procurement
- Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing processes, policies, and procedures
- Exposure to contract negotiations to include business, price and technical terms
- Experience leading and/or participating in CFTs
- Exposure or support Security, Cloud, Contact Center Technology.
- Exposure to Professional Services / Resale environment would be ideal
skills: Project Manager
client service skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.