Looking for a Software Engineer that specializes in the creation of new and innovative tools and processes to help streamline all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle. Alongside Software, DevOps and Test Engineers, the Application Design Engineer will introduce, create, promote and evolve tools and process to enable cross-functional development teams to rapidly release new products. This is a great company who takes work-life balance very seriously. They also make sure that their employees are always working on the latest greatest technologies
To avoid delays in having your resume reviewed please forward directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. As a qualified applicant I will respond to you same business day.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
You excel at analyzing technical inefficiencies and can create or implement automated solutions. You can quickly research and identify the latest technology trends and know how to implement those trends to correct development inefficiencies. In your mind, there is nothing that we cannot do with technology to speed up the entire development lifecycle.
You have a desire to collaborate with talented team members across the globe with a balance of creativity and determination. You enjoy researching new technology and are focused on developing a quality product, appreciating the benefit of growing and contributing your expertise to drive both the team's and the company's domain knowledge in these areas.
- Design and develop containerized components and services that are scalable, performant and provide well defined interfaces to other components of the software.
- The ability to follow industry best practices in terms of coding standards, performance, security, deployment procedures and operationabilty.
- Work in cross-functional teams on the planning and implementation of appealing experiences.
- Work to keep up the team's spirit both within and across locations and timezones.
- 5+ years' software engineering experience.
- 5+ years' of experience building software using object oriented languages such as Python, JAVA or C#.
- Solid knowledge of DevOps and Continuous Integrations practices utilizing tools such as Jenkins.
- Proven experience in building and deploying Docker containers.
- Experience working in Windows and Unix based systems.
- Experience with automated testing using frameworks such as Selenium.
- Excellent knowledge in software quality process/assurance including automated testing, design and code review, code profiling and continuous integration and deployment methodologies.
- Experience with one or more Enterprise messaging patterns, protocols and implementations.
- Clean coding skills and excellent problem-solving ability.
- A good understanding and appreciation of the Agile Software Development Process.
- Ability to work to a sprint plan, track progress, identify risks, anticipate and communicate delays to the team.
- Team player with the ability to both articulate thoughts and opinions but also listen and compromise.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional and international environment.
- Cultural awareness through work with global teams.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience with code versioning system using Git.
- Experience with Atlassian's JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket.
- Experience with Python based AI or Machine Learning libraries.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.